2.19.2010

who is the cutest?

check it out HERE.

a lot has gone on in my professional life in the past few days. for the last 7 years i have been in full time ministry with young life. wednesday i found out that due to lack of funding my area is being shut down at the end of february. so, the only job i have known since i graduated college is ending...abruptly.

my heart is broken. broken for volunteer leaders who have given their life away for years faithfully. broken for high school and middle school kids that dont know Jesus. broken for the loss of community i experience in my office daily. broken for a community that is dying although it looks perfect from its manicured lawns, luxury cars, and club memberships. broken for the lack of time for closure. broken the way a victim feels, because that is what my boss said me and my coworker, team mate, partner in ministry are in this situation. i am completely broken.

the past few days have been a roller coaster of emotions for me, as one would imagine. i have gone from sadness about loss to excitement about the future to angry at people who have wronged me to loving the people who i have had the privilege to share life with to overwhelming thankfulness in my heart for the love of Jesus to questioning why God works the way He does to right in this very moment of complete exhaustion.

so, for right now the website above brings me a small reminder of what the Lord thinks about me. i hope you know it too.

2 comments:

Alessandra said...

we love you, ERIN!!!!!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I am so sorry to hear you are losing your job! That stinks, but I'm positive the Lord has something special planned for you next:)