4.21.2011

Growing.

For my Photoshop class I had to take photographs with the theme of a color. Naturally, since my favorite color is green I chose the color of envy, summer leaves, and Kermit the frog. After taking the pictures I had to compose them into a grid that my teacher designed. I tried to come up with a concept for my project outside green just being a color and build off of what the color represents. The first thought that came to mind was that green represents growing, new life, and healing.
So here is what I came up with...
The idea was that the pictures making up the middle quadrant are pictures of things cracked, broken, dead, or at the very beginning of life. Then in the top left quadrant mental growth, and for me that means Interior Design. The bottom left is physical growth. Then moving right is emotional growth and how it is usually prickly and hurts. Then rounding out the square is spiritual growth. I loved designing and composing this project and just might frame it in my room. 
"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but God who gives the growth."
-1 Corinthians 3:6-7

2 comments:

JMac said...

I love this! Especially after reading your explanations. What a cool way to be able to express deep truth about yourself and the world.
Love you!

JMac said...

I love this! Especially after reading your explanation. What a cool way to express deep truth about yourself and the world. Love you!